Who We Are
Cleveland Elementary School is a safe, disciplined, and productive environment where students and adults are meaningfully engaged in learning. Our culturally diverse population is our strength. Every student practices our school values of "Responsibility and Inclusiveness," and a spirit of equity, cooperation, and respect permeates our school communities.
Our curriculum design and instructional practices enhance our ability to connect academic learning to applied and service learning as evidenced in our Ecoliteracy Program.
We are determined to produce students who are socially, politically, academically, and technologically competent.
The mission of Cleveland Elementary is to close the achievement gap in Oakland and create in students an urgency and a love for learning. We strive to make a positive difference in the lives of our young people, while offering an engaging and rigorous instructional program and building strong relationships between parents, staff, and students. At Cleveland Elementary, we are dedicated to developing productive, compassionate, and ethical students.
- We are an educational community dedicated to learning and teaching.
- We recognize the learning, cultural, and economic diversity of our students, and we seek to provide a nurturing climate to meet the diverse needs of our staff, students, and community.
- We aspire to create an environment that encourages independent, self-motivated learners.
- We seek to provide a child-centered environment that establishes high standards of academic achievement and exemplary citizenship.
- We strive to welcome all parents and caregivers and to help them be active partners in their children's education.
- We seek to provide enriching experiences for our students.
- We hope to become a valuable resource for our community-at-large.